What is Enclosed Auto Transport?
Enclosed vehicle transport, or enclosed car carrier, provides extra protection to shipping a vehicle is called Enclosed auto transport. If you are the proud owner of any classic car, high-end car, or enclosed car transport, the custom car is the best option to get your vehicle from where it is now to where it needs to go.
Why is Enclosed Auto-Shipping the Safest Way to Ship a Vehicle?
An enclosed auto shipping is used to ship your car most safely. Enclosed auto transport uses trailers that are enclosed on all sides. These trailers provide complete protection and security. Your enclosed vehicle shipping in a covered vehicle transport carrier protects it from the elements, such as sun, rain, snow, hail, and ice. It is protected from traffic grime and road debris.
How Much Does Enclosed Auto Transport Cost?
- Enclosed auto transport costs anywhere from 30% to 65% more than shipping for good reason and an open trailer.
- Enclosed car transporters can hold anywhere from 1 to 8 vehicles. 7- 8 Car-enclosed carriers are “Soft Enclosed” and 1-6 are hardside enclosed.
- Enclosed car carriers are typically used for custom sports cars, high-value vehicles, and anything you do not need to expose to the open road. It keeps your vehicle protected from the rain, ice, and other components that can dirty or damage your vehicle.
- These enclosed car transporters are designed to keep your vehicle free from the components.
How does the Cost of Enclosed Car Transport Per Mile?
- On average, $1.00 to $1.25 per mile, from 0 to 1,000 miles, with a $400 minimum for the trailer.
- 1,000 to 2,000 miles, it is approximately $.80 to $1.00 per mile.
- 2,000 miles or more it is approximately $.65 to $.80 per mile.
- These rates are subject to change in availability and depending on season.
What Does It Mean to Enclosed Transport Car Shipping?
Enclosed auto shipping protects your vehicle, the safest enclosed car shipping option and peace of mind. Your vehicle will be in a closed carrier, protecting it from outside components. While open carrier shipping exposes your car to the elements and road hazards, shipping it in a fully enclosed transport minimizes potential damage.
What are the Types of Enclosed Car Carriers?
Enclosed car carriers are specialized trailers, which come in two main types: hard-sided and soft-sided.
Have walls made of canvas, on the other hand, or vinyl, and they are often used for transporting regular motorcycles or passenger cars. They are cost-effective and more flexible than hard-sided carriers but offer less protection from road debris and weather.
are steel or aluminum and have solid walls, roofs, and floors, providing maximum protection for the vehicles inside. This enclosed trailer is commonly used for transporting high-value luxury cars or collector’s products that require the utmost security and care.
What is the Importance of Fully Enclosed Auto Shipping?
With fully enclosed auto transport auto shipping is The safest way to transport vehicles. Let's dive into the benefits of fully enclosed auto transport and why it should be considered for transporting cars.
Security is covered when it comes to the transportation of vehicles. Fully enclosed auto transport offers better protection than open trucks and other means of transport. Enclosed auto transport provides a storage space that is sealed off from the outside world, making it difficult for unauthorized persons to tamper with the goods.
Weather Elements protection
Fully enclosed car transport offers protection from weather elements and other unwanted objects during shipment. Enclosed car transporters used in fully enclosed transport are leakproof, which means they are designed to withstand the effects of weather elements. It ensures that vehicles are delivered in the same condition they were in when they were loaded onto the carrier.
Reduced Risk of Damage
When vehicles are transported on open trucks, they are exposed to more elements throughout the transport. When cars are transported through fully enclosed car carriers, the risk exposure is significantly reduced. The trucks used in fully enclosed transport are designed to keep vehicles secure and out of reach of many elements, reducing the risk of damage.
Fully enclosed auto transport can be more cost-effective than open trucks and other means of transportation. In fully enclosed auto transport, goods are loaded onto trucks and stacked in containers.
Fully-enclosed auto transport provides flexibility when transporting different types of vehicles. Enclosed car carriers used in fully enclosed transport come in different shapes and sizes, making it easier to transport vehicles of different dimensions.
What is the Difference Between Enclosed Auto Transport and Open Auto Transport?
Regarding transporting vehicles, there are two main options – open and enclosed transport. While both methods are designed to get your car or vehicle from point A to point B, there are differences.
Open auto Transport
- Open auto transport is the most common car transport method and is often used by dealerships to move multiple cars simultaneously.
- As the name suggests, vehicles are transported on an open trailer, an uncovered carrier designed to carry up to 10 cars simultaneously.
- The benefit is that it’s usually a cheaper option than enclosed transport.
- Because multiple cars can be transported simultaneously, individual transport costs are significantly reduced.
Enclosed auto Transport
- Enclosed auto transport is the selected method of transporting luxury or high-end vehicles, but it's also a popular choice with people who want greater peace of mind regarding their vehicle's safety during transport.
- Vehicles are transported in an enclosed carrier because it provides complete protection from the elements.
- Enclosed auto transport trailers can also transport fewer vehicles at a time, thereby reducing the risk of cars being damaged by one another.
- The critical advantage of enclosed transport is greater security.
How Does Weight Affect Enclosed Car Shipping?
This is why better ideas exist than packing your belongings into your car. The make and model determine the weight of your vehicle, and an additional 100 pounds are added to the estimated weight. If the weight of the car increases, then the cost of the enclosed car shipping also increases.